Thursday, June 6, 2019

I'm in a Pickle!

Good Evening Everyone, 

I have been reading everyone's comments, and there were a few that stuck with me and I agree. There is a turn in the story I have missed. I need to edit a few chapters (starting at Darcy's POV). I already have it planned out in my head, and it shouldn't take me too long to make the changes. However, they do significantly impact the story, or at the least, Darcy's character progression. 

Therefore, we are stuck with three options: 

1) I continue posting the story as is, without the edits, and you all can get the ending sooner. But you will have to buy the book on Amazon to see how I have changed the story -- which I do believe will create a more satisfying arc for Darcy. 

2) Give me about a week to make these edits, and I will start by reposting chapter 16 with the changes, and I can get your comments from there. I like this idea but it sets us all back -- and you will be waiting even longer for the conclusion. 

3) Just wait for the edits to come out in completion when I put the story up on Amazon. However, I won't post any more of the chapters here. This will be the quickest way to get the whole story in one place. 

Let me know your thoughts. Nevertheless, I'm going to start working on the edits right way. 

As always, thank you! And you all are simply awesome!

Jenna

25 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I would like option 1 since i hope to purchase a copy later. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops can’t type. I like option one best. I want the end of the story but I am willing to get edits when I buy the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Option one please. I always buy the books when published and this one has me hooked and can hardly wait to read the redo also. Heck, I even did something I said I will never do because of this story. I joined twitter! Yep, joined, got the blog and have no desire to follow anyone/thing else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely option one, I can't wait to read what happens next and I will have something new to look forward to when I buy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Option one then I will buy the book when published

    ReplyDelete
  7. Option One, I was planning on buying the book anyhow. I need to know the conclusion, then will read the published version to see the changes later.
    But whatever you decide, I’m sure it is the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Option Two. Although I am curious to read the rest of the story, I would like to read your new version of Chapters 16 - 19 now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vote is for options one. I am interested to see how you originally wrote the arc of the story. I will be especially interested to see how it changes in the published version! I promise to buy it as soon as It's available! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Option 1. I am definitely buying the book and would look forward to reading the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Option 1. When an author posts a story (that I like) and then makes significant edits, I always buy it to find out the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Option 1 please, we need to know what happens next, you can soften Darcy's attitude in the edits and we'll read it when it's available to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer option 2. I don't buy many books due to a tight budget. That said, I'm okay with option 1 if that is what the majority wants as long as this wonderful story is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Option 2. A week isn't a very long time to wait. Plus, it's only 4 chapters. I would be really disappointed if you wanted to scrap the entire story and start all over.

    In the end, you should choose whichever option works best for you and makes you the most comfortable. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. I prefer option 1 and when I buy the book, I'll read with interest the changes. Whatever you decide, keep writing. This story is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Option 2, this Darcy isn't very nice he needs a name over. And as someone said a week isn't long to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Option 2. Posting the remainder sounds like unnecessary work for you, when you know what you want to do by way of editing to end up with something you're happier with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Option 1. Pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete